2 cups granulated sugar plus more for sprinkling
1½ tablespoons cinnamon plus more for sprinkling
2 quarts half & half
4 tablespoons vanilla extract
6 loaves French Bread (6 inches long each) cut into 2-inch cubes
8 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped
10 ounces craisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and cinnamon. Whisk in half & half and vanilla extract.
- Fold in cubed French bread, white chocolate, and craisins. Let soak at room temperature approximately 45 minutes.
- Butter a 9″ x 13″ baking dish, sprinkle with additional cinnamon and sugar. Pour in bread pudding mixture, cover with a piece of buttered parchment directly on top of bread pudding, and cover this with foil. Bake in a water bath for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and parchment paper and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly before serving. Any leftovers can be refrigerated and rewarmed later.
- From Veronica Mathieu of Serpas True Food in Atlanta, GA