3 pounds poached white shrimp (deveined and cleaned)
2 egg yolks
3 tablespoons of chopped dill
2 Meyer lemons, zested and juiced
2-3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 shallot brunoise
1¾ cups vegetable oil,Salt and pepper to taste
- Hand chop the shrimp to your desired size. Set asie in refrigeration.
- In food processor, blend all ingredients except the oils. While the machine is running slowly drizzle in the oils. (If it starts to get too thick add a few drops of cold water).
- Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Fold together the shrimp and the dressing. Keep ice cold.
- from Chef Justin Devillier of La Petite Grocery in New Orleans, LA