3 cups assorted mushrooms (Oyster, Shitake, Maitake)
Sea salt as needed
Freshly cracked black pepper
8 slices Multi Grain Bread, sliced at ¼”
2 ounces goat feta
2 cups winter greens, washed
1” pieces (Mustard, Romaine, Mesculin)
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 teaspoon minced shallot
1 teaspoon minced parsley
½ teaspoon sugar
Pinch of sea salt
2 tablespoons black truffle oil
2 ounces olive oil
- Fire up your wood, gas, or charcoal grill and proceed as you would to cook a couple steaks, chicken,
- Mix together first six ingredients. Slowly whisk in olive oil until it’s all incorporated and smooth.
- Clean your mushrooms of any dirt/debris and cut into 1” pieces. Toss them in with 1 tablespoon of your truffle vinaigrette, sea salt, and black pepper and then let rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Grill mushrooms on both sides over moderate heat until well browned and tender. Right before mushrooms are complete, brush each piece of bread with olive oil and salt and grill on both sides until golden brown.
- Toss greens in a little bit of olive oil and salt and grill until lightly wilted.
- Remove all components from the grill and prepare for assembly.
- Top each piece of bread with mushrooms, wilted greens, and crumbled goat feta. Arrange on a platter and drizzle truffle oil vinaigrette around the pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- from Chef Nathan Thurston