Makes 25 squares or 48 triangles
2⅔ cups flour
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons sesame seeds (plus extra for garnish)
2 tablespoons honey
10 ounces (20 tablespoons) butter
8 whole eggs
2⅔ cups sugar
6 tablespoons flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh lemon juice
2 lemons, zested
⅓ cup bottled yuzu juice
⅔ cup whole milk
Sesame Honey Crust (recipe above)
Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
For the sesame honey crust:
For the Yuzu lemon filling:
Sesame Honey Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 13×18-inch rimmed cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Trim foil, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Spray lightly with pan coating and set aside.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Melt butter and honey together in microwave, and pour over dry. Mix thoroughly until combined.
- Press dough by hand evenly onto foil-lined sheet until dough is even thickness, using rolling pin if necessary to even out.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
Yuzu Lemon Filling
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.
- Add flour and salt, and whisk until combined.
- Whisk while adding lemon juice and zest, yuzu juice, and milk.
- Pour filling into warm crust. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees and bake until filling sets, approximately 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then grasp foil liner and gently remove bars from pan.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut into desired shapes. Dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle with lightly toasted sesame seeds.
From Redux: Lemon Bars.
- From Pastry Chef Andy Wolf of Blue Dog Bakery & Café in Louisville, Kentucky
Please put this in metric. Baking is very precise.