- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook bacon in skillet to desired crispness. Drain and chop.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning. Cut in shortening. Add bacon and blue cheese. Mix in buttermilk until a sticky dough forms.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead until dough comes together. Roll out to ½ inch thick and cut with 2½-inch cutter.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12−15 minutes.
- Mix remaining Cajun seasoning into softened butter and brush over biscuits when just out of oven.