- Preheat broiler to high. Toss cauliflower with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place cauliflower on a cookie sheet and broil for 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until lightly charred. Set aside.
- Place kale in a mixing bowl and season with salt, pepper, and juice of ½ the lemon. Toss in 2 tablespoons oil and set aside.
- Place clams with ¼ cup olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pot with a tight-fitting lid over medium-high heat. Once clams start to spit a bit, add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Pour in wine and cover. Boil covered until clams have opened.
- Stir cauliflower and kale in with clams. Toss with dressing, top with bread crumbs, and serve.
- Place anchovy, garlic, and zest of 1 lemon in a small skillet. Cover with oil and place on high heat. Cook until it bubbles and is aromatic, then let cook for 1 minute while bubbling. Remove from heat and cool.
- Stir in juice from both lemons, fish sauce, and ⅓ cup oil. Stir vigorously before each use.
*Wilson makes his bread crumbs for this dish by pulsing fresh bread in a food processor to desired crumb, then placing crumbs on a cookie sheet to dry in a 225-degree oven for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.He thenplaces a sauté pan over medium heat, adding enough olive oil to lightly coat crumbs and seasoning with salt. He stirs and tosses continuously until crumbs are a deep golden brown.