1 bunch pencil asparagus
1 cup mustard vinaigrette
8 slices prosciutto
1 cup frisée lettuce
Olive oil or canola oil for frying
Sea salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
⅓ cup white wine vinegar
⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and blanch asparagus, then shock in an ice bath.
- Pull from ice water and place on a paper towel. Refrigerate.
- Blend mustard and vinegar in a blender. Drizzle in oil till emulsified. Refrigerate.
- Add 1 inch of olive oil to an 8-inch sauté pan and heat to 350 degrees.
- Fry prosciutto one piece at a time. (It will shrivel and be crunchy.)
- Toss lettuce and asparagus in a bowl and dress liberally with dressing. Note: You will have dressing left over.
- Place lettuce and asparagus on two plates and add 4 pieces each of the fried prosciutto.
- Poach two eggs for 50 seconds in 160 degree water with vinegar. Place one egg on each salad and season the egg with sea salt and pepper. Enjoy.
- from Chef Sarah McIntosh of épicerie Café & Grocery, Austin, Texas