- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine oil, buttermilk, and egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix dry and wet ingredients together and pour into a greased 9-inch pan. Bake until set, about 20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let sit for one hour so the cornbread has time to soak.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and place in a large, thick-bottomed cast iron pan. Top with cornbread pudding.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes. Serve with your favorite ice cream or crème fraîche.