- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut slits in meat. Combine garlic, salt, and pepper. Press mixture into slits. Rub meat with lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper. Place meat in a roasting pan with water. Top with butter.
- Bake meat at 450 degrees until brown. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Cover and cook to 130 degrees for medium rare. When meat is half cooked, add potatoes. Continue cooking. Remove cover during last minutes to brown meat and potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in a 12×8×2-inch baking dish. Arrange potatoes in dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss lightly to coat with butter. Add lemon juice and enough water to almost cover potatoes. Add bouillon cubes to water. Stir to dissolve.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until cooked and lightly browned.