- Pour barrel-aged rye whiskey and bitters into a mixing glass.
- Add steaming water and ignite the mixture, warming the contents thoroughly (drink is served warm) with two handled tankards pouring back and forth from each glass.
- Pour into a cocktail glass and top with a dollop of maple syrup meringue. Add rock candy on a stick and a
- piece of star anise. Drink and enjoy!
Maple Syrup Meringue / Shake egg white with maple syrup in a Boston shaker until thick.
- from Gary Crunkleton of The Crunkleton, Chapel Hill, NC