- Make the spicy beer batter mixing the dry ingredients together. Separately, whip the eggs and add the beer to the eggs. Mix the wet into the dry.
- Make the dipping sauce by mixing all ingredients together. Refrigerate while you tackle the rest.
- Heat oil in deep pot or fryer to at 325-350 degrees
- Prepare crab by removing outer shell, mouth, eyes and apron. Remove the lungs, the “dead man”, and the guts from the center of the crab, keeping claws and legs intact.* The crab is now ready to fry.
- Dip crabs into batter and deep fry for 3- 5 minutes, until crab floats and turns golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce and don’t be afraid to get messy.