2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons hot sauce, 1 rack bone-in beef plate short ribs (approximately 6 pounds), 1 cup kosher salt, 2 cups black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.
- Apply a thin coating to the ribs on all sides.
- Combine salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix together by hand. Sprinkle evenly over ribs on all sides, coating well.
- Place ribs on a 250 degree smoker (or 240 degree oven on a roasting rack and a sheet tray) for approximately six hours or until bones can easily be pulled out and meat has an internal temperature of approximately 200 to 205 degrees.
- Allow meat to rest for at least 30 to 45 minutes before carving.
- From Evan LeRoy of Freedmen's Bar, Austin, Texas