1 medium-sized sweet potato, baked
1 teaspoon blended oil
4 chipotle peppers, diced fine
2 habanero peppers, seeded and diced fine
¾ cup bourbon
½ cup apple cider vinegar
1-2 cups water (as needed while simmering)
½ cup sorghum syrup (can substitute maple)
1 cup raisins
- Bake the sweet potato and scoop out the meat.
- In a pan, heat the oil and caramelize the shallots.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and blend well. Refrigerate.
- from The Local Palate Test Kitchen of Charleston, SC