- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Season lamb shanks liberally with salt and pepper.
- In large dutch oven, brown shanks over medium high heat on all sides.
- Pour lamb braising liquid over shanks and cover with lid.
- Cook lamb shanks in oven until tender, about 2 hours. Check for tenderness after 1½ hours.
- Once shanks have cooked until tender, allow to rest in cooking liquid for 1 hour.
- To serve, warm lamb shanks in braising liquid in 350 degree oven.
- Divide kale and fregola between 6 large bowls. Add 1 shank to each bowl.
- Sprinkle Citrus Gremolata on top of each shank.
- Serve immediately.
Roasted Cauliflower and Kale
- In very large pot, caramelize onions, celery and carrots in olive oil over high heat. Once caramelized, add garlic and aromatics.
- Deglaze with red wine and cook until wine has reduced by ⅔.
- Add stock, sorghum, chili paste and bring to simmer.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium-sized bowl, toss cauliflower florets in olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Add seasoned cauliflower to baking sheet, roast until browned, about 15 minutes.
- In large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, add kale. Cook until wilted, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked fregola and roasted cauliflower, and gently toss until mixed with kale. Season with salt and pepper, and add lamb braising liquid.
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Gently mix until well-combined.