More than steamed broccoli–benne seeds, soy sauce, honey, and shallots in this recipe bring your broccoli to the next level.
2 pounds broccoli
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon shallots
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons benne seeds
- Peel broccoli stems and cut into ½-inch pieces. Cut florets into 2-inch pieces.
- Bring large pot of salted water, fitted with a steaming basket, to boil and place broccoli in steamer rack. Place rack in pot and cook until fork tender, approximately 8–10 minutes. Remove steamer from pot.
- Pour olive oil into large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until translucent. Add soy sauce and honey and stir to combine.
- Place warm broccoli in large bowl. Drizzle soy mixture over broccoli and toss to coat.
- Pour broccoli into serving dish. Sprinkle with benne seeds.
Recipe ByThe Local Palate Test Kitchen