24 oysters/4 servings
½ pound unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup shallot, finely minced
3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, minced
3 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon black pepper
24 oysters in the shell
- Beat all ingredients except oysters into softened butter. Set aside.
- Pop open oyster shells, keeping oyster intact with juice.
- Place a teaspoon of herb butter on each oyster and broil in oven until butter melts and oyster crinkles—not very long!
- Serve immediately on a plate with your choice of seaweed, rock salt, collard greens, etc., to prevent oysters from sliding around.
- from Executive Chef Frank Lee of Maverick Southern Kitchens in Charleston, South Carolina