Photo by Andrea Behrends
Buttermilk Ginger Panna Cotta
3 sheets gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
1 cup heavy cream
⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 orange, zested
1 small (½” x ½”) piece of ginger, peeled and sliced thinly
1 cup buttermilk
- Bloom the gelatin in 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the heavy cream, zest, ginger,and granulated sugar until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the gelatin until completely incorporated.
- Add the buttermilk, then strain and allow to cool slightly.
- Fill molds then refrigerate.
- Allow 2 or more hours to set.
Date Published: 02.07.13
from Executive Chef Joe Palma of High Cotton, Charleston, SC