Photo by: James Smith
½ cup unsalted butter
2 cups packed light brown sugar
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
1½ cups heavy cream
- Melt butter slowly in a saucepan. Add brown sugar and salt. Stir until combined and keep stirring over medium heat until mixture is shiny and smooth.
- When mixture has lost its graininess, remove from heat and gradually pour in cream.
- Stir until combined, return to heat, and bring to a boil.
- Pour into a heat-safe container and cool with lid off until at room temperature. Store in refrigerator. Serve as a topping on a holiday sundae with buttermilk sherbet and sugared pecans, atop the sweet potato skillet cake, or offer as jarred gifts.
- from Chef Rebekah Turshen of City House, Nashville, TN