These Ham Pleasure Biscuit Sandwiches comes from Carrie Morey, founder of Callie’s Hot Little Biscuits. The appear in her latest Hot Little Suppers Cookbook. This recipe is great for large dinner parties and perfect for tailgating. It will be a fan favorite with the flaky biscuit, yummy ham, and mustard having a party in your mouth.
Photo by: James Smith
3 dozen buttermilk biscuits, thawed
1 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons poppy seeds
2 teaspoons Worestershire sauce
3 green onions, minced
1 tablespoon honey
1 pound Swiss cheese, medium sliced
1 pound ham, medium sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream together butter, mustard, poppy seeds, onions, honey and Worcestershire sauce.
- Slice thawed-from-frozen buttermilk biscuits down the middle and spread the butter mixture on center and tops liberally.
- Place cheese and ham in the center and place tops back on. (Pro tip: Morey uses two slices for every six biscuits.)
- Wrap biscuits completely in foil and place on a sheet pan.
- Heat in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes
- Recipe by Carrie Morey, Callie's Hot Little Biscuit, Charleston, South Carolina