- In a 4-quart pot, bring 3 cups water and rosemary to a boil. Remove rosemary and stir in grits. Continue stirring until the grits thicken. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for about 45 minutes, adding water as needed. When grits are tender, stir in butter, parmesan, and hot sauce until the cheese melts and grits are creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle grits into bowls and top with feta, piment d’espelette, and garlic chips.
½ cup thinly sliced garlic cloves
1 cup canola oil
- Bring pot of water to a boil and blanch sliced garlic. Drain and repeat blanching process one more time. Drain garlic and dry on paper towels.
- In a deep skillet fitted with a deep-fry thermometer, heat oil to 300 degrees and fry garlic until golden. Transfer garlic to a paper towel-lined plate and season with salt.
From Carter’s Catch.
- From Brandon Carter, FARM, Bluffton, South Carolina