Available at markets throughout South Carolina or online at cannonbevco.com
¼ cup water,
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup light corn syrup
1 quart puréed strawberries (from about three pints whole berries)
1 quart heavy cream
½ cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
Cannonborough Honey Basil Soda
For the Strawberry Sorbetto:
- In a pot, heat water and sugar until all sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine simple syrup, light corn syrup, and strawberry purée. Whisk together until evenly combined.
- Prepare the gelato machine as instructed and follow manufacturer’s instructions for spinning frozen desserts. Transfer the sorbetto to a chilled container.
For the Whipped Cream:
- In a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, mix cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt, increasing speed as mixture thickens, approximately 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
To assemble: Alternate scoops of strawberry sorbet and whipped cream until reaching the ttop of the glass. Pour in soda.
- Recipe from Jaques Larson of Beardcat's Sweet Shop in Sullivan's Island, South Carolina