¾ cup flour
¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup (heaping) brown sugar
½ cup cold butter, cubed
3 apples, peeled and diced
¼ cup butter
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/8 cup heavy cream
1½ pounds cream cheese
1 cup brown sugar
¾ cup sour cream
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup flour
½ cup pecans
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound granulated sugar
½ cup water
1½ teaspoons lemon juice
1½ cups heavy cream
For caramel apple filling
For cream cheese filling
For pecan streusel
For caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
For the crust:
- Pulse flour, graham cracker, and brown sugar in food processor.
- Add cubed, cold butter and pulse until crumbly.
- Press in bottom of a 9×12-inch sheet pan with low sides.
- Bake 10 minutes; cool.
For the apple filling:
- Cook apples in pan with the butter until softened.
- Add sugar and spice and cook until caramelized.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Layer apples on top of baked crust.
For the cream cheese filling:
- In a mixer, cream together cream cheese and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, combining after each addition.
- Mix in sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour mixture over the apples and baked crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
For the streusel:
- Pulse brown sugar, flour, and nuts in the food processor.
- Add cubes of cold butter and pulse until crumbly.
- Spread on sheet tray and bake until brown.
- Cool and crumble with hands.
- Reserve for assembly.
For the caramel sauce:
- Combine sugar, water, and lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until caramelized, being careful not to let mixture crystallize.
- Remove from heat. Carefully whisk in cream. Caramel will bubble up quite a bit when cream is added.
- Finish cheesecake by sprinkling on streusel.
- Cut cheesecake into 10 pieces and place on small plates.
- Pour on caramel sauce just before serving
Recipe ByChef Bobby Benjamin of Butchertown Grocery, Louisville