- Fill heavy-duty pot 3/4 from top with peanut oil. Heat to 350 degrees.
- While oil is heating, let oysters soak in buttermilk. Buttermilk helps flour coat oysters for crispy texture.
- Once your oil is hot, remove oysters from buttermilk, and strain with mesh strainer so that any excess can drip away.
- Toss them in seasoned flour until evenly coated and flour doesn’t clump together. Take oysters out and remove excess flour. Place on plate until ready to fry.
- Slather butter on potato roll and toast in cast iron pan until golden brown. Toast both sides.
- Gently put oysters in oil and fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove oysters from oil, and place on paper towel to drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Generously apply remoulade to toasted bun. Assemble 6 fried oysters on bun and top with lettuce and tomato.
Combine all ingredients together and mix well
- Sweat onion slowly in butter, until tender and translucent, then chill until cool
- Mix all ingredients together with a whisk.