2 pounds heirloom carrots
1 tablespoon cumin
Salt, to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
2 tablespoons butter
Juice of 2 lemons
1 sprig rosemary
½ cup natural
Greek style yogurt
Pepper, to taste
1 bunch watercress, cleaned
¼ cup hazelnuts, toasted
1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and clean carrots.
- Dust with cumin and salt and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast in oven until just soft, about 15-30 minutes until tender, depending on size of carrots.
- While roasting, whisk together ½ the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and rosemary
- Remove carrots from oven, place in a shallow bowl, and marinate in lemon juice, olive oil, and rosemary.
- Use additional salt and pepper and remaining olive oil and lemon juice to season yogurt.
- Serve carrots over a bed of watercress with toasted hazelnuts crumbled on top. Garnish with dollops of seasoned yogurt and slices of avocado.
- From Eli and Andrea Kirshtein of The Luminary, Atlanta, GA