- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Toss the beets in the olive oil with a touch of salt and roast on a cookie sheet until knife tender. Remove from oven, rub skins off (using a paper towel prevents red hands) and reserve.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add half the butter to the pan. Add carrots and turnips, and season with salt and black pepper. Slowly pan roast the vegetables until they are knife tender, then add the beets. Set aside to keep hot.
- In a separate pan over high heat, add remaining butter and cook until it begins to brown. Add almonds and toast until they begin to brown. Remove pan from direct flame and add parsley and lemon juice. Season with salt.
- To serve, arrange vegetables on 4 plates and spoon sauce on top.
- from Chef Kelly English, Memphis, Tennessee