- Combine vegetables and 2 tablespoons of salt in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Transfer into a colander and place over bowl to drain for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Sanitize jars.
- Bring remaining ingredients to a simmer (including remaining salt), then cook for 5 minutes.
- While vinegar solution cools slightly, fill jars with vegetable mixture.
- Pour vinegar solution over vegetables, cover with lids, and refrigerate. The chow-chow will be ready to eat in 3 days and keeps refrigerated for 2–3 months.