- Combine first 8 ingredients in bowl of food processor and purée to a smooth, uniform paste. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Rub paste over chicken and set marinated chicken aside for a minimum of 4 hours
(can leave overnight, covered, in refrigerator).
- When ready to cook, wipe off excess marinade and grill chicken (can also pan-fry if desired).
- Serve with sliced red onion, lime wedges, and flatbread.
Vishwesh’s Garam Masala
- Toast all the spices until very fragrant. Cool and grind in a spice grinder. Store in airtight container.