1 bottle of mid-grade vodka
1 rib of celery
2-3 small cloves of garlic (not broken smashed or bruised in any way)
2 bay leaves
3 sprigs thyme
½ bunch parsley
fresh ground (optional)
- Pour a little vodka out of the bottle to make room for the ingredients.
- Submerge all ingredients in the vodka, being careful not to break open the garlic cloves as they will overpower the infusion if not whole.
- Steep for a minimum of 48 hours, then consume within two weeks before it turns bitter.
- Use in your favorite bloody mary
- from Rob Laudicina, Pearlz Oyster Bar, Charleston, SC