*** finish credits
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water.
- Heat canola oil and ghee in large frying pan over medium-high heat until small bubbles form.
- Place cilantro leaves, green chilies, ginger paste, garlic paste, garam masala, cumin powder, coriander powder, black pepper, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon ofpaprika, cayenne pepper, honey, and salt in a blender or food processor and grind to a smooth paste. Stop and scrape down sides and grind again for 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a mixing bowl. Add yoghurt, sour cream, Sharwoods Tandoori Powder, and rest of paprika to the spice mixture in the mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well blended and paste is uniform in color and texture. Taste and add salt if needed. (Tasting here is important because after this point you are going to add raw chicken.)
- Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2−3 hours, overnight if possible.
- Thread the chicken onto skewers, about 5−6 pieces per skewer, leaving ½ inch between each piece. Place the skewers on a grill rack with a tray underneath to catch drippings. Or place directly in oven on rack with foil underneath to catch drippings.
- Cook for 15−20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from oven and baste each side lightly with ghee.
- Transfer skewers to grill or griddle pan and cook on medium-high heat for 7−8 minutes, turning skewers every 2 minutes, until all sides brown and marinade is no longer wet. You can also put grill rack back in oven and broil for 7−8 minutes, turning skewers every 3 minutes. Remove from oven and garnish with lemon wedges and sliced onion.