1 quart whole, peeled, and blanched almonds
½ cup butter
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
2 tablespoons chives, sliced thin
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread almonds in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Roast in oven, stirring occasionally, until evenly roasted to a light brown and emitting a nutty aroma, about 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan set over very low heat, combine butter, garlic, chili flakes, and paprika. Cook, steeping ingredients in butter, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add roasted almonds, tossing constantly to warm, about 3 minutes. Add chili butter and toss until garlic is lightly toasted and almonds are hot. Toss in chives at the very end, season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.
- From Chef Alex Harrell of Sylvain, New Orleans, LA