2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
¼ cup chopped garlic
2 tablespoons dried parsley
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper
1 pound cleaned shrimp, tails intact (26-30 or larger)
Butter as needed
8-10 assorted mini peppers, halved
8-10 leaves mini romaine
Citrus remoulade (recipe follows)
10 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon lemon juice
Pinch sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
½ teaspoon white pepper
1 cup mayonnaise
For the Citrus Remoulade
For the shrimp:
- Make marinade by mixing together first five ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice shrimp to split at the head so each splays (as opposed to being butterflied). Marinate, being sure to coat all shrimp evenly.
- Heat pan with chunk of butter. Fry shrimp with mini peppers. Remove shrimp when golden on all sides. Leave peppers in pan until slightly charred.
- Serve shrimp on mini romaine leaves, drizzled with citrus remoulade and topped with peppers.
For the citrus remoulade:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roast garlic on lightly greased sheet pan until deeply golden. In a food processor, blend roasted garlic with vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, parsley, cornichons, capers, mustard, white pepper, and mayonnaise until smooth.
- From Hotel Saint Cecilia in Austin, Texas