7 plump, juicy mussels, shucked, lightly smoked and chilled
1 radish, thinly sliced
Pinch of capers
Couple wedges of a delicious heirloom tomato
1 tablespoon English peas
Small handful of local arugula
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
3 cloves garlic,¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 tablespoons Kennerty farms honey (or good honey)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 dashes of Red Clay hot sauce,Salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ bunch of fresh dill
2 cups good blended oil
Assembling the Salad
- Gently toss all yummy veggies in medium bowl with dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled. Don’t leave a single bite!
Lemon Dill Vinaigrette
- Combine all ingredients except oil in medium bowl or in VitaMix blender.
- Use VitaMix or hand held immersion blender to slowly buzz all ingredients together while slowly drizzling in oil until dressing is emulsified.
- From Chef Emily Hahn of The Warehouse in Charleston, South Carolina