- Preheat oven to 425 degress.
- Place butter, chocolate and vanilla bean seeds in double boiler over low heat. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- In medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients, using sugar as sifter for flour and cocoa powder, breaking up all lumps.
- Whisk eggs and buttermilk together in separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and whisk until incorporated.
- Slowly whisk chocolate mixture into batter until incorporated.
- Pour batter into frozen pie shell. Place in oven bake for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, reduce oven to 375 degrees. Bake until set, about 40minutes.