Makes 24 muffins
Nonstick vegetable spray or 24 paper cupcake liners
2½ cups flour
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups finely grated and slightly drained zucchini
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two 12-cup muffin tins with nonstick muffin spray, or line with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Then whisk to blend.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine both sugars, oil, eggs, and vanilla and whisk until completely combined.
- Gradually add wet mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix with a spatula until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and zucchini.
- Fill muffin tins three-quarters the way full with batter.
- Bake muffins for 10 minutes; rotate pans and bake another 8 minutes. Insert a cake tester in center of muffin to see if it comes out clean. If still wet, bake 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- From Suzanne Vizethann of Buttermilk Kitchen, Atlanta