1 bag (100-count) clams
1 pound spaghetti
Olive oil to taste
Minced garlic to taste
Minced parsley to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Red pepper flakes to taste
- Bring a large pot filled with salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, fill a second large pot fitted with steamer insert ¼ of the way up with water and put on high heat. Once water is boiling, add clams to steamer insert and cover. Once shells start to open, remove pot from heat.
- Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toss pasta with olive oil, fresh garlic, and parsley. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Top pasta with steamed clams and serve immediately.
- Recipe from the Zorza family, Charleston, South Carolina