1 loaf, about 8 servings
8 ounces pumpkin purée
(canned is fine if you don’t have access to fresh)
1½ cups sugar
½ cup canola oil
⅛ cup water
½ teaspoon vanill
8 ounces flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon allspice
25 strikes fresh nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- By hand, whisk together first 6 ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- In separate, smaller bowl, whisk together remaining dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, in increments, whisking all together until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30–45 minutes, until toothpick inserted deep in center comes out clean and sides of loaf are just beginning to pull away from pan.
- from Brooke Vaughn of Please and Thank You Bakery, Louisville, Kentucky