4 cups broccoli florets
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Pinch of sugar
Garlic chips, for garnish (optional)
- Blanch broccoli in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute, until bright green. Drain and immediately place in a bowl of ice water to stop cooking process.
- Heat oil and garlic in a pan. When garlic is golden brown, use a slotted spoon to transfer garlic to a paper towel.
- Whisk remaining ingredients with warm oil, and then toss in the blanched broccoli.
- Top with garlic chips, if desired.
- from Chef Chris Shepherd of Underbelly, Houston, Texas