⅔ cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1 ⅔ cups milk
2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup cornmeal
4 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Combine the eggs and milk.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with egg mixture.
- Pour into a greased 10 inch cast iron pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- from Chef John Ondo of Lana, Charleston, SC