- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together until fluffy.
- Combine eggs and vanilla and add slowly to butter mixture. Scrape bowl.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Add to wet ingredients and mix to combine, scraping bowl.
- Mix in oats followed by cherries, hazelnuts, chocolate, candy ginger, and coconut flakes. Mix to combine.
- Chill dough for at least 45 minutes. Place 2 tablespoon-size balls of cookie dough onto a cookie tray lined with parchment. Tap the tops to flatten, but don’t press down. Place 3−4 grains of maldon salt on top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 8 minutes, turn tray, then bake for 6−8 more minutes—until golden on the edges but still slightly soft in the middle.