4 cups orange juice, no pulp
1 pound celery root, peeled
1 pound crabmeat, picked
1 cup Remoulade Dressing (recipe follows)
Salt and pepper
4 heads frisée lettuce, washed, picked, and dried
½ bunch chives, cut in 1-inch batons
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1½ tablespoons Creole mustard
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Crystal hot sauce
1½ tablespoons prepared horseradish
3 egg yolks
1 cup canola oil
½ cup mustard oil
- Add orange juice to small saucepan and reduce over medium heat to 1 cup. Place in fridge to cool until needed.
- Using box grater, grate celery root with fine hole side. Place grated celery root, crab, and Remoulade Dressing in large mixing bowl. Mix until completely combined and adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Evenly distribute crab and celery remoulade among 8 chilled plates.
- Toss frisée and chives together with oil. Top each remoulade with frisée and chive mix and finish with drizzle of orange reduction.
- Add Creole mustard, lemon juice and zest, Worcestershire, hot sauce, horseradish, and yolks to blender. Combine the 2 oils in bowl. Turn blender to medium and slowly drizzle oils into egg yolk mixture until tight emulsion is formed. Remoulade Dressing keeps in fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- from Executive Chef Slade Rushing of Brennan's, New Orleans, Louisiana