8 fresh pears
1 ½ cups sugar
1 stick (4 ounces) butter
¾ cup dried cranberries
4 ounces Grand Marnier
12 ounces butter
¾ cup granulated sugar
4 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
½ cup almond paste
¾ cup unsifted powdered sugar
4 ounces butter
1 cup bread flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
- Soak cranberries in Grand Marnier overnight, or at least 8
- Peel and slice pears and begin cooking them down in a non-stick skillet.
- Add butter, sugar, and drained alcohol from the
- Cook until softened and
- Roll out tart dough and cut a circle about 2 inches larger than you want the finished tart to
- Pipe a ½-inch layer of frangipane on the circle of dough the exact size that you want the tart to
- Layer the pears on top of that and sprinkle the drained cranberries on the
- Gently fold the exposed edges of the tart dough over the outside of the
- Bake for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
- Cream butter and sugar in stand mixer.
- Add egg, mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Add sifted flour, mix only till combined. Do not over mix.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready for use.
- Bead almond paste, sugar, and butter in stand mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add eggs, mixing and scraping the bowl.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until just combined.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- from Pastry Chef John Bell