12-ounce bag of cranberries
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup orange juice
Zest from half an orange
½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a baking dish.
- Place in oven, stirring every 15 minutes.
- The cranberries are ready when they soften, roughly one hour.
- Serve warm or cold.
Note: If you would like to use this sauce as a sandwich spread, let cool and purée in the food processor.
- from Chef Megan Kiernan of Feast! in Charlottesville, VA