- To make grits, combine milk with water, butter, and salt in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a roaring boil and slowly whisk in the grits. Decrease the heat to medium low. Continue whisking until no lumps remain, about 12 minutes. Decrease the heat to low. Cover the pan and let the grits simmer while preparing the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in your largest skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are charred and burst, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add radicchio and cook to wilt. Stir in a splash of balsamic, splash of water, and butter. Decrease heat to medium-low and toss together. Remove from heat and toss with frisée.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of water to barely simmering and add a drop of clear vinegar. Add eggs from a teacup, lowering in one at a time, and poach over low heat until white is set and yolk is still soft. Use a slotted spoon to lift out.
- Add cheese to grits and more milk as needed—a creamier texture is desired.
- When grits are to desired consistency, divide among four bowls. Top each with frisée/tomato mixture and a poached egg. Crumble bacon and blue cheese over the top.