1 tablespoon Creole seasoning for rim
½ cup tomato juice
3 tablespoons pepper-infused vodka (recipe follows)
2-4 dashes worcestershire
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1-2 pinches horseradish
2 liters vodka of choice
6-12 assorted peppers of choice
For Bloody Mary
- Moisten the rim of a tall glass with lemon, then place face down on a thin layer of Creole seasoning to rim the glass.
- Build the drink in the glass, on ice is preferred, by mixing the tomato juice, pepper-infused vodka, worcestershire sauce, and lime juice together. Add horseradish to taste.
- Garnish with pickled okra or garnish of choice
For Pepper-Infused Vodka
Makes two liters. You’ll need an air-tight infusion jar for this recipe. For milder flavor, we recommend poblano peppers, aji, rocoto, or jalapeños. For more heat, we recommend serranos or habaneros.
- Place peppers into infusion jar that can hold roughly 2 liters. For milder heat, leave peppers whole. For fiery vodka, slice them lengthwise before placing in jar.
- Fill infusion jar with vodka and seal.
- Let sit for 24 to 48 hours. The longer it sits, the more potent it becomes.
- Scott Clime of Acadiana, Washington, DC