3 cups cooked and drained field peas
3 tablespoons olive or grapeseed oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
Kosher salt to taste
Finely grated zest of 1 lime or lemon
- Using paper towels, blot peas dry.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add peas and stir to coat.
- Cook, stirring or shaking the skillet occasionally, until peas are browned and very crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chili powder and salt and continue cooking until fragrant, about 2 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with citrus zest.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- from Sheri Castle