1 red pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 yellow pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
½ red onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
½ cup cilantro, rinsed and finely chopped
1 15.5-ounce can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1 15.5-ounce can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 15.5-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
4 cups of corn, quickly cooked and freshly shucked
1 cup apple sider vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup sugar
4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Freshly cracked pepper
1 bag good-quality tortilla chips
- In a large bowl combine the red, yellow, and green peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and jalapeño. Mix.
- Add cilantro, garbanzo beans, black-eyed peas, black beans, and corn. Mix and set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine apple cider vinegar, sugar, and olive oil. Bring to a boil, simmer, and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the warm mixture over the chopped vegetables and bean mixture. Stir together all the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Created by John Glenn and Joe Good of Fat & Juicy, Charleston, South Carolina