- Combine baking soda, flour, and 1 tablespoon salt in mixing bowl, slowly add in soda water to create tempura batter, allow to rest.
- Peel apples, and remove core. Save apple core and peels and dehydrate in a 200 degree oven for 6-8 hours depending on moisture content, when dehydrated process in bar blender to create apple powder. Reserve.
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan then add apple flesh, peanuts, curry leaves, and mace until tender. Add enough water to cover and cook for 1 hour. Once cooked puree in bar blender and cool to create apple curry.
- Pour 2 inches of oil into a heavy-bottom pot and heat to 325 degrees. Dredge pepper leaves in tempura batter, and fry in canola oil until crispy, usually less than 1 minute.
- To assemble, drag apple curry on plate, then slice grouper in thin slices and arrange on plate. Season with salt. Dress violas and sunflower shoots with olive oil and salt, and arrange on plate evenly for six plates. Cut roselle hibiscus in equal parts and arrange on plates. Top plate with tempura pepper leaves and apple powder and serve cold.
- Enjoy and as always it has always got to be NC!
Yield: 6 portions