2 cups buttermilk
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon molasses
1 cup flour
1 cup cornmeal
¾ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, sour cream, and molasses in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add egg-buttermilk mixture to the flour bowl and incorporate thoroughly.
- Distribute into 6, 4-ounce single-serving ramekins and bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- from Chef Eman Loubier of Dante’s Kitchen, New Orleans, LA