At Dude, Sweet Chocolate, chocolatier Katherine Clapner looked to cacao’s Mesoamerican roots to inspire an edgier take, blending Valrhona with cornmeal, cinnamon, and a splash of rum.
- Combine cornmeal, milk, water, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla, and rum in blender and blend to smooth.
- Transfer to medium pot, and add salt and cocoa powder. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to low, and cook until mixture thickens slightly, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- From Katherine Clapner of Dude, Sweet Chocolate in Dallas, Texas