- Sprinkle the rub on the ribs. Use about 2/3 on the meaty side and 1/3 on the boney side.
- Prepare the grill for cooking over indirect at 275 degrees, using a combination of cherry and hickory for flavor.
- Cook the ribs until they are nicely caramelized, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove the ribs to a platter or sheet pan. Lay out 2 double-thick layers of heavy- duty aluminum foil, each big enough to wrap a whole slab. Transfer each slab of ribs to a piece of foil. Top each slab with 1/3 cup of the honey. Sprinkle half of brown sugar over each slab. Fold the foil up around the ribs and seal the packets snugly, being careful not to puncture the foil with the rib bones.
- Return them to the grill for one hour.
- Unwrap the ribs and return to the grill. Brush both sides with barbecue sauce and cook for 15 minutes to set the sauce.
- Cut each slab into three pieces.
- From Ray “Dr. BBQ” Lampe, Dr. BBQ, St. Petersburg, Florida